August 2, 2013

Five for Friday

Five for Friday is back! So, here I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching 
to share the goodness that happened this week.


1.
This week I laminated all sorts of good stuff (32 feet of lamination - yikes!) I was planning to only make a few changes to my posters this year, but one thing led to another and now it all coordinates! I'm not ready to go back to school yet, but I'm definitely giddy about seeing it all come together.

2.
I picked up this fabric from hobby lobby last week.  I just couldn't pass them up. 
I have big plans for both in my classroom.

3.
On Tuesday a friend and I rode bikes to the farmers market. I came home with two new house plants. I really don't have a green thumb, but I hear these are pretty easy to keep alive. We shall see!

4.
This morning my husband and I attended Creative Mornings.  Creative Mornings is a breakfast lecture series that happens on the first Friday of each month. Each month has a new creative topic that is discussed by a guest speaker in all kinds of different, usually very interesting locations. This morning's was aboard the Detroit Bus Company bus while we toured the city - pretty awesome! I'm going to be so disappointed when the next one rolls around and I have to miss it because I'm back to work.

5.
I very excitedly opened my Teachers Pay Teachers shop this week! I have been creating my own resources and posters for as long as I have been teaching. So I finally built up enough nerves to start sharing them on TPT. There are only a few products there as of yet, but plenty more are on the way!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulation on opening your TPT shop. You have created some nice things.
    Yashika
    somewherebetweenfirstandthird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely be checking out your TpT store. I love the look that you have going for your classroom.
    The Traveling Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the comment you left on my blog! I agree, it's so exciting to be able to get back in our classrooms! I love the fabric, I might need to find those! I am doing both chevron and polka dots in my room this year! Your blog is super adorable, I am your newest follower! I also followed your TpT store. I opened one too.....but haven't added anything yet! Guess I should have had my ducks in a row BEFORE doing that, but I was just too excited! :)
    Lindsey
    Mrs. Johnson's Little Prowlers

    ReplyDelete
  4. We picked up the same chevron fabric at Hobby Lobby. I have big plans for mine too! I love the sounds of that creative Friday. Congrats on just opening up your TPT store! I'm sure you'll do great! Your blog is so cute!

    Rambling About Reading

    ReplyDelete

linking up with...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...